Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The French mess: a first hand account

An Email from Marianne in France
The Anchoress has an informative and poignant post from a French Catholic about the reality of what is going on over there. Be sure to read the whole thing at the link above.

I freely confess that it has been very hard for me not to feel schadenfreud over the French predicament (see my snarky posts on the matter). I have been taken to task over it by some of those whom I trust to take me to task, but imperfect contrition is the best I’ve been able to come up with. I know I’m being nasty, and I am afraid of the consequences, but I just haven’t quite been able to be truly sorry. Marianne helps me to remember the impact calamities like this have on real people and to put the whole thing in a little better perspective.

I will pray for the people of France, and for the conversion of Moslems. Mea culpa; mea culpa; mea maxima culpa.