Sunday, March 25, 2007

If I'm a Biblical Scholar...

...I'd hate to see the alternative.

You know the Bible 100%!

Wow! You are awesome! You are a true Biblical scholar, not just a hearer but a personal reader! The books, the characters, the events, the verses - you know it all! You are fantastic!

Ultimate Bible Quiz
Create MySpace Quizzes



Wow, I am both awesome and a true Biblical scholar. I can feel the prelest coming on even as I type.

Wait. Maybe not.

"Bible scholars" have come up with the Jesus Seminar; they have disputed the significance of the canon; they have claimed that the Exodus never happened, the Davidic kingdom never existed, that the miracles of Christ are all fabrications "literary devices," that the resurrection was a myth/hallucination/plot/spiritual experience, and that the Gospel of Judas has more to tell us than the Gospel of St. John. If I'm in that company, delusions of spiritual superiority are the least of my problems!

Where did I put my sackcloth and ashes?