Monday, December 05, 2005

My Seven of Sevens

I have been memed for the first time in my brief but lucrative(?) blogging career, thanks to John at Blogotional. Wow, I feel so young and 21st-century (sigh...)! In the interests of revealing the true inner workings of my warped psyche, I have responded with the first seven in each category that come to mind rather than overanalyzing them:

1. Seven things to do before I die

  • African safari
  • Tour of the Holy Land
  • Learn to fly a plane
  • Learn Greek and Hebrew
  • Write that novel I've started four times
  • Own a Harley (probably need a 3-wheeler by the time I get to do it.)
  • Fire a machine gun (I would have said torpedo, but that's a bit unreasonable.).

2. Seven things I cannot do

  • Sing (I tend to change volume instead of pitch)
  • Dance (I look like I'm failing a DWI test.)
  • Type (I am a fast four-finger typist.)
  • Touch my toes.
  • See my toes. (Working on that one.)
  • Run. (Bad ankles.)
  • Wake up alert and ready to go.

3. Seven things that attract me to my spouse.

  • Her faith.
  • Her practicality.
  • She's been a terrific mom.
  • She doesn't hesitate to call me on my crap.
  • She detects nuances in people that go completely over my head.
  • She's smart and competent, but doesn't flaunt it.
  • Who else would put up with me?

4. Seven things I say most often

  • Holy crap!
  • So far, so good.
  • Dang it!
  • Seems to be working okay now.
  • Somebody tell me, what kind of an equation is this?
  • One last thing...
  • Same here. (Usual response to "I love you" on phone from cubicle)

5. Seven books (or series) I love (Limited to fiction, skewed towards recently read.)

  • The Way of a Pilgrim
  • The Screwtape Letters
  • All Hallow's Eve
  • Moby Dick (Okay - I know that's a little weird.)
  • The Grapes of Wrath
  • One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovitch
  • Lonesome Dove
  • (Addendum - there really should have been a Stephen King book in here, but no single one comes to mind.)

6. Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would watch over and over if I had the time)

  • LOR - The Fellowship of the Ring
  • Independence Day
  • Godzilla
  • Miracle on 34th Street (the original.)
  • Star Wars (The first one)
  • The Passion of the Christ (Once a year during Lent)
  • Terminator 2
7. Seven people I want to join in, too

Okay, guys and gals - you're on.