Sunday, July 20, 2008

Lambeth Reflections


As an Anglican blogger, I know I'm supposed to have thoughts, comments, and reflections on the Lambeth Conference of the Anglican Communoin, held every 10 years in Lambeth Palace in Merrie Olde England. I'm fraid I've reached the point where I really don't give the rear end of a naked-tailed Asian rodent what the bishes do at Lambeth, or whom they do it with or do it to. One of the nice things about Continuing Anglicanism is not being in Communion with these bozos!

One thing I have noticed, however, is that during the course of the conference, the minions of Antichrist bishops will meet for theological atrocities bible studies in "indaba groups" where liberals can browbeat their orthodox opponents and trash the Africans as savages participants can participate in listening and conversation.

According to Episcopal Life Online:
Indaba is a Zulu word meaning purposeful discussion "and is both a process and method of engagement, and offers a way of listening to one another concerning challenges that face the Anglican Communion."
Sinner that I am, however, I fully believe that if I were walking through a Zulu village, some kind-hearted local soul would, sooner or later, grab me by the shoulder, point to a moist pile on the cow path, and say, "Careful, man - you almost stepped in the indaba!"

To heck with it all. I've read the Revelation of John. I know who wins in the end.