Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Is The Waffler Soft-Core?

According to the website Mingle2, my humble little blog is apparently not suitable for youngsters:

Free Online Dating

This rating was determined based on the presence of the following words:
death (9x)
abortion (7x)
crack (2x)
cum (1x)

It is a sad commentary on the state of Western Civilization that the default assumption regarding the meaning of "cum" is not the Latin preposition "with," as in "Et cum spritu tuo," but - well - something else. And the mention of "death " is unsuitable for those under the age of 17? The elimination of the inevitibility and nearness of death from the public conciousness is arguably one of the contributors to the collapse of morality in our modern age.

Interestingly, I had to edit the code supplied by Mingle2 in order to take out an advertisement for an on-line dating service. I guess I have a different notion of what should constitute "NC-17."

Yes, I'll lighten up - I'm being way too serious about something which is supposed to be amusing.