Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving to all

This time of year, I figure a correction to my usual state of gross ingratitude is in order.  In that vein, I have composed the following Top Dozen list.

Things I'm Thankful For:
  1. Salvation (well, you know that one has to come first!)

  2. Faithful-and-Long-Suffering Wife.

  3. Beloved-but-Expensive Daughter.

  4. Christian friends I can trust - even if I don't get to see them very often.

  5. Two (count'em - two!) great churches.

  6. Food to eat, clothes to wear, and a place to live without having to worry much about it.

  7. The freedom to go where I want to go and do what I want to do.

  8. The U.S. Military (see #6 and #7 above).

  9. Bible Study Fellowship.

  10. The pets in my house.

  11. The wildlife in my back yard (yes, even including the tarantulas and scorpions).

  12. Being Texan.