Monday, February 05, 2007

Quote of the Day

An excerpt from an interview of Superbowl-winning coach Tony Dungy, courtesy of WorldNet Daily:

Jim Nantz of CBS Sports: This is one of those moments, Tony, where there is also social significance in this victory, and to have your hands on the Vince Lombardi Trophy. Tell me what this means to you right now.

Tony Dungy: I'll tell you what. I'm proud to be representing African-American coaches, to be the first African-American to win this. It means an awful lot to our country. But again, more than anything, I've said it before, Lovie Smith and I, are not only the first two African-Americans, but Christian coaches showing that you can win doing it the Lord's way. And we're more proud of that.

Now that is a class act! Compare it to the tacky glitz surrounding the game that I mentioned below.