Saturday, June 24, 2006

Political Candidate Blames Satan For Problems

Anybody who reads this blog on any regular basis knows that I am pretty conservative theologically. I have no doubts that Satan exists; I have no doubt that he operates in the world; I hope I never run into him.

Readers can also guess that I'm pretty conservative politically. Normally, I carefully study the issues and the candidates so I can feel secure that I'm doing the right thing when I go in the booth and vote the straight Republican ticket.

I am, however, very glad that this guys not going to be on my local ballot.

(From Channel 2, Salt Lake City)
Republican congressional hopeful John Jacob believes the devil is impeding his efforts to unseat five-term Representative Chris Cannon.

He says there's another force that wants to keep him from going to Washington and the devil is what it is.

Jacob says that since he decided to run for Congress, Satan has disrupted his business deals, preventing him from putting as much money into the race as he had hoped.

Jacob said during a Wednesday immigration event that the devil was working against him, then reiterated his belief yesterday in a meeting with The Salt Lake Tribune editorial board.

He says there's been a lot of adversity, and there's no question he has had experiences that believes are due to an outside force.

Really, now. Like I've said before, I think I'm going to start selling grips on E-Bay, because some folks really need to get one. (I confess - when I saw the hadline for this article, I expected it to be about Al Gore.)