Monday, November 14, 2005

The Idea Of The Weekend

From Blogotional for Nov. 14, 2005:

Whilst discussing various things with friends over the weekend the following statement was made

You know, sometimes, I think the best thing that could be done for Christian evangelism, probably in history, would be to raise a bunch of money to buy out TBN and take them off the air.

After I finished laughing, I thought that as a pretty good idea. Though why stop at TBN, we have to buy out all the syndicated televangelists as well, but that just means we need more money.What do you say, if every "normal" church in the country sent 10% of their missions giving to the "Corporation to End Christian Broadcasting" we could get the job done in 3-5 years. They would be making an investment to insure the usefulness of their other mission dollars.


Frankly, I can’t think of a better way to win people to Christ than to remove a massive stumbling block like TBN. I don’t mean to step on any toes, nor do I intend to be nasty. But if I had gotten my ideas about Christianity from guys like Paul Crouch and Benny Hinn, I would probably have stayed an atheist. I can’t even get to the point of arguing about what they say – I just find listening to them painful. And I am pretty eclectic in my worship and sermon tastes. Can somebody please clue me in about what people find attractive in their preaching? I just don’t get it.