Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Stuk in Irack


I usually try to steer away from overtly partisan political matters on this blog, though I suspect most people can figure out where I fall on the political spectrum. I just couldn't resist this picture, however, courtesy of The Drudge Report.

The men and women of the U.S. military are, in general, the best we have. Our armed forces may well be the brightest, best educated, and best trained in the world, though the Israelis might give us a run for the money. It is not just a matter of being bright and well educated, however - I am sure our guys run the gamut from genius-level to a few bricks short of a load, just like the general population they represent. Most of the military men and women I have known have a level of decency and honor that appears to be notably missing from the graduating classes of the Ivy League where Mr. Kerry's sympathies are so obviously at home.

If I were hiring a new consultant, and I had my choice of an American vet and a Harvard grad, I'd take the vet any day. It might take him a little longer to get up to speed, but I figure I'd be able to trust him. Business acumen and computer skills can be taught; honor and decency go to the core of who you are.

Mr. Kerry, would you just be kind enough to go away somewhere? Anywhere? Please?

O LORD God of Hosts, stretch forth, we pray thee, thine almighty arm to strengthen and protect the soldiers of our country; Support them in the day of battle, and in the time of peace keep them safe from all evil; endue them with courage and loyalty; and grant that in all things they may serve without reproach; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.