Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Sucking marrow from dead men's bones

I normally try to avoid the purely political on this blog,

…but this is truly revolting

I do not understand the glee on the part of the modern-day political left at American casualties in Iraq.  If confronted, they will act somber and talk about the tragedy of it all.   But when they don’t think anyone is looking, they are positively excited in a rather ghoulish and perverse way that is positively creepy.  It reminds me of that lawyer who was fighting to remove Terri Schiavo from life support – there is just something there that is not healthy.  I’ve always been at least relatively conservative, but I don’t remember the traditional liberal opposition ever acting quite like this.  Something very basic has changed.  These folks “look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean.”  (Mat 23:27, NIV)

As terms of the politics of the matter go, if I want opinions about the casualty rates in Iraq, I’ll go ask the soldiers who are in harm’s way, not an aging millionaire like George Soros.  The ones I know resent being exploited by the likes of him.